Re: Status of draft-ietf-atompub-protocol-15.txt

Paul Hoffman a écrit :

At 8:27 PM -0700 6/13/07, James M Snell wrote:
Paul Hoffman wrote:
 > [snip]
Cullen Jennings had questions about the namespace we chose. I described why we were using PURLs temporarily and a W3C-minted http: URL at the end.

 ###TODO: Editors put in the new namespace, http://www.w3.org/2007/app,
 that has been minted by the W3C for us.

Just to confirm... this will be the namespace used in the RFC?  Would it
be safe for implementors to start coding support for this namespace URI.

Yes and yes.

Question regarding the namespace, why is it "app" rather than "AtomPP" at the end of the namespace URI?

That would follow the scheme chose for Atom itself and would reflect the fact that the community pushes hard to use AtomPP as the default name of the protocol rather than "app".

I'm not going to argue over that decision as I don't really mind but why anyway?

- Sylvain