Re: Resources for AtomPub parser validation

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Brian Smith wrote:
> Thomas Broyer wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 5:01 AM, Erik Wilde wrote:
>> > "copy;" you mean, right?

>> > no. but browser try to be smart.
>>
>> Isn't that actually part of SGML? (I know browsers never used
>> an SGML parser, but if it's part of SGML, it is part of HTML)
>
> In SGML you need to include the semicolon, just like in XML. If you always
> use & when you want an ampersand and you always append the semicolon to
> your entity references , you won't have to worry about this problem.

"The semicolon may be omitted if the entity reference is followed by a
space or record end."
     — source: http://www.isgmlug.org/sgmlhelp/g-sg17.htm

I don't know what a "record end" is however...

And yes, if you're "strict in what you produce", it's much more likely
that it will just work.

...but we're turning more and more off-topic ;)

--
Thomas Broyer