[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: Accessibility - posting media
Dave Pawson wrote:
> Just been watching Joe at
> Nice demo of adding a couple of images or audio or ... whatever.
> How do I add alternative media content please?
> Text description of an image, video alt to the audio
> recording I posted etc?
Option 1: Post each representation as a separate entry, and then link those
entries to each other using <atom:link rel='alternate'>. For example:
1. POST image.
3. POST the text description as a new entry.
2. GET the image's media link entry.
5. PUT the image's media link entry, with a new alternate link to the
textual entry's "self" URI.
4. GET the textual entry.
6. PUT the textual entry with a new alternate link to the textual entry's
Option 2: Do it the same way that webloggers already do it: create an Atom
entry that with (X)HTML content that links to and/or embeds each
representation in an using normal HTML techniques. For example:
1. POST audio
2. POST video alt
3. POST a new entry that uses <object> to embed both the audio and video
(and/or uses <a href='...'> to link each representation).