Re: Authentication

Joe Gregorio wrote:

2. The auth mechanism chosen does matter on the server-side, but it depends on how big you are. A. If you are large then security matters, you have control over your servers, and because of that you can implement the security mechanism of your choice. (AOL, Blogger, TypePad, LiveJournal) B. If, on the other hand, you are a smaller site, like a single user install of MT, then either auth:
1. Isn't as high of a concern.
2. It is a concern and you are a power user and would choose a hosting vendor with such things in mind.

I can't agree with this at all. I'm a small site, security is very much a concern and my host does not provide Digest and won't do so. Even on a small site with security concerns, there are other issues to be addressed in hosting: cost for one. Making the assumption that people get everything they want from hosting is plain wrong; many of us *have* to compromise.