more 0.2 <generator> gripes

Heh, the validator just tossed my 0.2 feed because I had

<generator name='Generated from XML source code using Perl, Expat, XML::Parser, Emacs, Mysql, libgd and GD.pm. Industrial strength technology, baby.' />

Because it said the element shouldn't be empty and the content wasn't a full URI, whine whine whine. So you're *forbidden* to identify the generator if it doesn't have a URI? I continue to think the content/attribute is backward here.
--
Cheers, Tim Bray
(ongoing fragmented essay: http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/)