Re: Will Atom have a "don't process invalid documents" rule?

--- Sam Ruby <rubys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I would suggest that people who are participating in
> this discussion
> spend some quality time with
> http://validator.w3.org/.  I just tried a
> number of weblogs associated with people in this
> thread and *each* of
> them failed.

What does this comment have to do with the discussion?
The primary consumers of web pages are web browsers
and they are by their very nature tag soup parsers. If
you are saying that the intention of PEAW is be
consumed by special purpose tag soup parsers then this
is news to me.

Thanks for letting me know that the PEAW spec will
mandate that I cannot reliably process PEAW with SAX,
DOM, XSLT, XQuery, XPath, XSD, RELAX NG or any other
of the numerous XML technologies.

Will this tag soupness also be planned for the
introspection file and the like? What if there is a
SOAP/WSDL API are we also to expect that this will be
tag soup?

=====
THINGS TO DO IF I BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD #67
No matter how many shorts we have in the system, my guards will be instructed to treat every surveillance camera malfunction as a full-scale emergency..