Re: 'Atom' Should Be It's Name, and It's Name Was Atom

But, but, Morbus! You've forgotten about the legal issues!

I've done some serious trademark research, and I don't think any of the current trademark "issues" are actual problems. Trademark conflict has a high bar, made even higher by the fact this is a not-for-profit project, and I haven't seen anything that meets that bar. Instead, the name Atom has been scared off by people with little understanding of the trademark law.

I agree that we should go ahead with Atom as the name.
--
Aaron Swartz: http://www.aaronsw.com/