Re: Atom Info Proposal

--- Jason Shellen <shellen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The full proposal is here:

http://www.shellen.com/sandbox/atom-info-proposal.html

I'm not sure what problem this is supposed to solve.
The complaint with RSS feeds is that the
browser/client applications should do something smart
with the link as opposed to displaying an ugly XML
page. Making it display a prettified XML page doesn't
really solve the problem.

Some aggregator authors have come up with proposals
for solving this problem  such as the feed:// URI
proposal from Greg Reinacker[0] which is  implemented
in SharpReader and will be in the next version of RSS
Bandit [which I should be releasing this weekend
before I head off to XML 2003].

[0] http://www.rassoc.com/gregr/weblog/archive.aspx?post=656

=====
THINGS TO DO IF I BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD #95
My dungeon will have its own qualified medical staff complete with bodyguards. That way if a prisoner becomes sick and his cellmate tells the guard it's an emergency, the guard will fetch a trauma team instead of opening up the cell for a look.