Re: well-formedness error

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 21:49:38 +0200, Julian Reschke
<julian.reschke@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Mark Pilgrim wrote:
> > Excellent!  Does it respect RFC 3023?
>
> I'd be surprised. Do you happen to have a test URL?

Well-formed: http://feedparser.org/tests/wellformed/encoding/http_i18n.xml
Not well-formed: http://feedparser.org/tests/illformed/encoding/http_i18n.xml

The only difference is the Content-type header.  The first feed uses
"application/xml", but the second feed uses "text/xml".

Universal Feed Parser correctly reports the first feed as well-formed
(bozo=0) and the second feed as non-well-formed (bozo=1,
bozo_exception=CharacterEncodingOverride).

If your parser thinks the second feed is well-formed, your parser is
broken and should be fixed.

--
Cheers,
-Mark