Re: A request to Pace authors

Michael Stillwell wrote:

Mark Nottingham said:

It would be VERY helpful to the editors (or at least this one) if Pace
authors specified a) the document b) its version that a Pace applies
to; because Paces can outlast a particular version, it can get
confusing.

That reminds me ... what does "pace" *mean*, anyway? "contrary to the opinion of"? "with due respect to"?

Originally, I was searching for an acronym. One that perhaps combined words like Proposal, Atom, Change, Enhancement. In the process I found a word that connoted forward motion[1], consensus[2], and peace[3].

- Sam Ruby

[1] http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=pace&r=67
[2] http://www.sacklunch.net/Latin/P/pace.html
[3] http://www.columbia.edu/~fdc/pace/