Re: Atom extensibility

On Jan 7, 2005, at 6:54 AM, Henry Story wrote:

The question is exactly how should the interesting discovery that an Atom document is an RDF document [] be used to fulfill the charter requirements on extensibility?
Clearly it could completely underpin the extensibility framework, and so allow the Atom charter to be successfully fulfilled.

I think that the charter requirements on extensibility will be filled adequately with PaceExtendingAtom. I think they would be filled still better by adopting PaceMustUnderstandElement, but apparently others are unconvinced. Extensibility via a mapping to RDF seems to me to add a lot of complexity (most people have never bothered to learn graph theory) without any real benefit. -Tim