Re: xsd:dateTime vs. RFC 3339

Norman Walsh wrote:
The 05 draft of the Atom format says:

I know we're writing an IETF document, but I think there's going to be
a lot of off-the-shelf XML software that understands xsd:dateTimes and
I think it would be a lot better if we defined Date Constructs in
terms of W3C XML Schema Part 2 than RFC 3339.

I propose that we change the spec to do so.

I agree. I was just writing a protocol implementation in Ruby On Rails (CRUDs very fast, btw). When I got to the part on date formats, I used xsd:dateTime code that was already done, figuring that's what everyone else will do.

Robert Sayre