Re: I-D ACTION:draft-nottingham-atompub-feed-history-09.txt

Sam Ruby wrote:
These dueling versions of the RSS 2.0 specification differ

They look the same to me. Can you provide some links and/or quotes?

in minor details (e.g., range of skipHours),

"An XML element that contains up to 24 <hour> sub-elements whose value is a number between 0 and 23, representing a time in GMT"

http://www.rssboard.org/skip-hours-days#skiphours
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/rss/skipHoursDays.html#skiphours

major features (permissability namespaced attributes on existing RSS elements),

"A RSS feed may contain elements not described on this page, only if those elements are defined in a namespace."

http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification#extendingRss
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/rss/rss.html#extendingRss

and roadmap.

"the RSS spec is, for all practical purposes, frozen at version 2.0.1. We anticipate possible 2.0.2 or 2.0.3 versions, etc. only for the purpose of clarifying the specification"

http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification#roadmap
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/rss/rss.html#roadmap

Regards
James