draft-divilly-atompub-hierarchy-00

Fellow Atom and AtomPub'bers,

We'd like to discuss the draft below that introduces extensions for Atom and AtomPub to deal with hierarchies of feeds and the programmatic creation and removal of AtomPub Collections.

This draft defines a mechanism for identifying hierarchical master-detail relations among data feeds so that consumer applications can perform standard AtomPub operations on them. A hierarchical master-detail relation of an Entry to a Feed implies the detail Feed is created when the master Entry is created and the Feed is removed when the Entry is removed. The Entry is called the "master entry" and the Feed is called "detail feed". This relationship allows a client to use AtomPub to create a new Collection by posting an Entry to an existing Collection.

Comments?

Colm Divilly & Nikunj Mehta

   Title        : Hierarchy Extensions to Atom Feeds
   Author(s)    : C. Divlly and N. Mehta
   Filename    : draft-divilly-atompub-hierarchy-00.txt
   Pages        : 18

This I-D is available at the following URL:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/feeds/spec/draft-divilly-atompub-hierarchy-00.html http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/feeds/spec/draft-divilly-atompub-hierarchy-00.txt