Re: Comparison of hoffman-idn-reg and jseng-idn-admin

At 22:43 03/04/02 +0000, Adam M. Costello wrote:

Martin Duerst <duerst@xxxxxx> wrote:

> So a registry registring Hebrew would want to make sure that e.g. a
> kaf in the middle of a label is always U+05DB, but at the end of the
> label is always U+05DA.

I don't see why, and you yourself immediately contradict that statement:

To be exact, I mention a possible contradiction for the first part of the example, but the second part of the example still holds.

Regards, Martin.

> I'm not sure what should happen with labels that consist of more than
> one word, whether simple concatenation would be acceptable (and a
> final letter could help seeing the word boundary) or whether a hyphen
> or other, similar character would be used to concatenate words.

Regardless of whether a hyphen-like character is used, the result is a
label with a final character in the middle of the label.

AMC