Format of the tables (U+xxxx, UTF-8, etc) Was: Comparison of hoffman-idn-reg and jseng-idn-admin

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 03:00:31PM -0500,
 Martin Duerst <duerst@xxxxxx> wrote
 a message of 16 lines which said:

> >4. Better syntax for the table. Don't you agree that a U+ABCDU+BCDAU+CDAB
> >syntax is unreadable? Why can't one use a space?
>
> What about using Unicode (UTF-8) directly?
> What about defining an XML format for the tables?
> This would allow to publish tables in ASCII-only contexts
> but also easily view them in a browser with a simple stylesheet.

Good idea but there is already a solution to do so. I suggest that
Paul rewrites his draft according to RFC 2629, which is widely
implemented and already has stylesheets.