Re: Comparison of hoffman-idn-reg and jseng-idn-admin

At 10:20 03/04/03 +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 03:07:03PM -0500,
 Martin Duerst <duerst@xxxxxx> wrote

> What may work is that an accented character blocks the base
> character, but not characters with a different accent.

Interesting. We could also draw inspiration from most Web search
engines. They work that way: If there is no composed character in the
query, they search "accent-insensitive". If there is at least one,
they switch to "accent-sensitive".

Accent-sensitive is easy to do. Accent-insensitive would require multiple results, which DNS doesn't do.

Regards, Martin.