Re: Comparison of hoffman-idn-reg and jseng-idn-admin

At 10:20 AM +0200 4/3/03, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
It doesn't scale if you want to actually generate the bundle and
publish them in a static zone file. I tried for the '.fr' zone which
is quite small - 150,000 domains - and the resulting zone file was
larger than '.com' even before the domains starting with the letter A
were fully processed. But you have other approaches:

Exactly. Saying "it doesn't scale" in the IETF means something very different than "I can't think of how to make this work".

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium