Re: initial thoughts

At 12:15 PM -0500 4/3/03, Martin Duerst wrote:
At 19:15 03/04/02 -0800, Paul Hoffman / IMC wrote:

At 1:48 AM +0000 4/3/03, Adam M. Costello wrote:
Couldn't you simply say that when more than one key matches, use the
longest match?  It would be trickier to implement, but that's exactly
how routing tables work.  It seems pretty easy to describe.  Whether it
would be worth the additional complexity, I don't know.

How do others feel about this?

I think first we need clarification from you about whether you intended, in your approach, that (variants in) bundles can overlap. There is no indication in your draft that they can't, but on the other hand, there is no indication that you were aware of the fact that they could.

I will add text saying that they cannot overlap, and add steps in the process to check for that.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium