Re: New Internet Draft on registering IDNs

    (paul) >We disagree on how to run zones, then.

It really seems you do. However, how to run zones is another political
problem.

    Okay, so let's take an example. Assume that at w3.org, we want
    to create a small number of third-level IDNs. Do you think that
    we should set up tables and other infrastructure before we can
    put a single IDN into that zone?  If you think this is the case,
    can you explain why?

I cann't but it raises another issue.

At first, one would say that if w3.org makes a big mess of its
subdomains (in the eyes of the users of these domains) it is the
problem of the w3.org domain name holder. They made the mess, they
should sort it out. However, if the it spills over into a more
generic bigger fight, can the .org holder be forced to delete the
w3.org delegation so the problem is solved (somewhat) by brute
force?

Also, suppose that centralnic (www.centralnic.com) makes a mess of
its *.<cctldname>.com delegations, can .com pull the plug?

I don't have an answer, but if you generalize this slightly more,
such as .org makes a mess of its IDN delegations, you re likely to
land into ICANN related policy discussions.

	jaap