Re: New Internet Draft on registering IDNs

Paul Hoffman / IMC <phoffman@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Every all-ASCII name in a a zone is inherently a bundle of one.

Why just one?  When I register a non-ASCII label, I generally get
a bundle containing multiple blocked labels (in your model).  Why
shouldn't the same thing happen when I register an ASCII label?
Shouldn't an ASCII label block non-ASCII labels that are too similar to
it?

For existing registrations that predate the introduction of the bundling
system, they could each be converted to a bundle, in the order they were
originally registered.

AMC