Re: New Internet Draft on registering IDNs

At 11:43 PM +0000 4/4/03, Adam M. Costello wrote:
Paul Hoffman / IMC <phoffman@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Every all-ASCII name in a a zone is inherently a bundle of one.

Why just one?

Because there are no variant tables yet.

  When I register a non-ASCII label, I generally get
a bundle containing multiple blocked labels (in your model).  Why
shouldn't the same thing happen when I register an ASCII label?

It could.

Shouldn't an ASCII label block non-ASCII labels that are too similar to

That is up to the registry.

For existing registrations that predate the introduction of the bundling
system, they could each be converted to a bundle, in the order they were
originally registered.

You are assuming that zones keep registration date information; that is a bad assumption.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium