Re: confusability

Mark:

Thanks for the correction. I figured that someone would nail me on something I said. For some reason I thought the limit was FFFF, but now I see it's considerably larger than that.

In any event, was there anything else that I was mistaken about? From my limited perspective the "confusability" issue appears very large, even larger than I originally thought.

tedd

> I don't know the actual number of additional characters added thus
far, but the upward limit is 65,535. So, as I see it, you will have

A small correction: there are currently over 95,000 characters in Unicode 3.2; in Unicode 4.0 (very soon to be released) there will be an additional thousand-odd characters. In addition, there are 131,068 possible private use characters, and there are 871,758 reserved positions still available for future characters.

Mark
________
mark.davis@xxxxxxxxx
IBM, MS 50-2/B11, 5600 Cottle Rd, SJ CA 95193
(408) 256-3148
fax: (408) 256-0799