Re: Equivalence only in one direction

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roozbeh Pournader" <roozbeh@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > > 1. Required: Always resolving. Example: different digit forms
> > > (U+0030->U+0660).
> > >
> > > 2. Variant: Optionally resolving. The current variant.
> > >
> > > 3. Blocking: Reserved forever. Example: Arabic vs Persian Yehs
> > > (U+0649->U+06CC).

This is quite right and what I think makes sense as well.

This is actually concept I tried to capture and described in zoneprep where
"Reserved Variants" are further distinguished into 4 possible types:

- Normal Reserved Variants (blocked for registration, and can be later
activated to Zone)
- Restricted Reserved Variants (blocked for registration and cannot be
activated)
- Auotmatic Zone Variants (automatically included into zone files)
- Suggested Reserved Variants (not blocked from registration pool but
suggested to the client to reserve)

Edmon