Re: Why we don't want to restrict zones to a single language

At 09:42 08/04/03, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 12:57:09PM -0700,
 Paul Hoffman / IMC <phoffman@xxxxxxx> wrote
 a message of 6 lines which said:
> Humor alert: in today's San Jose Mercury sports section, a talented
> young baseball pitcher from Venezuela  is described as a "Wünderniño".
The most funny thing is that "wunder" does not have an umlaut
(diaeresis)...
wunderlich, wunderbar, etc
So, the paper's sentence is no more german than "Asereje" is spanish.

Totally true. But this is intellectual creation by the San Jose Mercury Sport Redactor to carry a meaning we all understand, by the way..There are already enough TM problems not to add IP problems dont you think?

I suggest that we used "l'étalon-wünderniño" (a word most can type on their keyboards) to check that whatever proposition is made it matches a first level international (the San Jose Mercury is American) real life minimum requirements (without yet considering Berber, dialectal Arab, Greek, Cyrilic ..).

jfc