RE: Character Variant Deployment at VeriSign

Thank you for your information. A few questions below.

> >By "Chinese" here, I assume you mean "CJK", yes? Unless I'm missing
> >something, VGRS doesn't have a way to know if a label that contains
> >only CJK and ASCII characters is Chinese, Japanese, or non-Hangul
> >Korean.
>
> The code points are CJK.  As you point out we have no way of knowing if
> these registrations are Chinese, Japanese or non-Hangul Korean so we will
> treat them all as Chinese when applying mapping rules.
>
> VGRS will be using a table that is available from TWNIC.

When KRNIC submits the table which contains the non-Hangeul (Hanja) Korean
in the near future, you are going to combine the table with the TWNIC's into one?
If not, you adopt it differently based on language tag?

> >-  We do not consider the bundles created to be the final correct bundles
> >since we know that we will be replacing the table.
>
> >It would be great if you (or any other registry!) could keep us
> >informed on how the table-making process is going. This is
> >particularly valuable for CJK, where different groups have made
> >different attempts at variant tables.

Then what if we define the table which contains only permissible characters in Korean
among Hangeul and Hanja including LDH with no variants at all,
would you apply it to your registration policy?

And would you describe your position about below problem that
might be happen in Hangeul :
Some visual ambiguities such as some example between "ㄱㅏ"(U+3130 U+314F)
"가"(U+AC00) which might make Internet users confused and bring in dispute,
if VGRS keeps permitting those Hangeul Compatibility jamo.
So there are only Unicode Hangeul Syllables in the table KRNIC gets underway.

Regards,
AyeShil.

Jeon, Aye-Shil
Domain Technical Team
KRNIC (Korea Network Information Center)
E-Mail: asjeon@xxxxxxxxx
Tel: +82-2-2186-4563
Fax: +82-2-2186-4494