Re: Character Variant Deployment at VeriSign

xiaodong lee <lee@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Actually it is very dangerous to allow language tag to have value of
> null. because it will cause dispute in the future.

Could someone please explain how adding invisible language tags to
domain labels will prevent or alleviate disputes?  I don't understand at
all.

(I say "invisible" because they are not present in the name as seen by
users and applications, and they are not accessible via DNS.)

If two registrants want to register Iota Beta Mu and IBM under the same
domain, how do language tags make the situation easier to deal with or
less likely to cause a dispute?

Or if language tags are not helpful in that situation, is there some
other kind of situation where they would be helpful?

Thanks,
AMC