Re: Character Variant Deployment at VeriSign

Just as a hypothetical example:

a registry may have the following policies:

if domain=EPA.tld + lang=en --> varset={none}

if domain=EPA.tld + lang=el --> varset={<Eta><Pi><Alpha>.tld;
<Ie><Er><A>.tld}

if domain=EPA.tld + lang=ru --> varset={<Ie><Er><A>.tld}

In the above example, the variant set for a given domain "EPA.tld" could be
different if the language tag is different.

This is also true for CJK domains, where a given domain (same codepoint
string) with different language tag could very likely generate a different
set of variants based on the registry policy.

Without the language tag, how can the variant set be determined?

Edmon

PS. As for dispute resolution, you are right, that is a different
discussion, so I will not dwell on it any more.