Re: Character Variant Deployment at VeriSign

Just as a hypothetical example:

a registry may have the following policies:

if domain=EPA.tld + lang=en --> varset={none}

if domain=EPA.tld + lang=el --> varset={<Eta><Pi><Alpha>.tld;

if domain=EPA.tld + lang=ru --> varset={<Ie><Er><A>.tld}

In the above example, the variant set for a given domain "EPA.tld" could be
different if the language tag is different.

This is also true for CJK domains, where a given domain (same codepoint
string) with different language tag could very likely generate a different
set of variants based on the registry policy.

Without the language tag, how can the variant set be determined?

PS. As for dispute resolution, you are right, that is a different
discussion, so I will not dwell on it any more.