RE: Character Variant Deployment at VeriSign

> Okay, I'm starting to see something.  I think anyone who registered EPA
> and anyone who registered Eta Pi Alpha would be likely to have a dispute
> regardless of the intended languages, and some users would be likely to
> be confused regardless of the languages intended by the registrants.  So
> I don't think language tags are useful for deciding what registrations
> get blocked.

My understanding is whatever variants registered on language tag,
it makes users be confused, so it's useless, right?
I have no idea exactly what your point is.  Would you clarify it?

> However, when the registry suggests variants to actually add to the DNS
> zone (unlike most variants, which would be blocked but would not appear
> in the zone), or when the registry sets prices for adding particular
> variants to the zone, I can see how it would make sense to use a
> language tag.
>
> So I suggest a model where language tags might be relevant to the
> internal affairs of a single registration (like pricing and the domain
> management user interface), but would be irrelevant for interactions
> between registrations (like the construction of the full set of blocked
> variants).  What do you think?

What if the variant tables are different among language tags and
some gTLD registry would like to adopt it, then the table should be the union
of those tables?

AyeShil.