Comments in tables (was: Re: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-hoffman-idn-reg-01.txt)

At 9:19 AM +0200 7/4/03, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
A small syntax issue: there is no comment character in the proposed
format. I would prefer a concrete syntax that is usable in the real
world, a syntax allowing swapping of tables between registries and,
IMHO, this requires comments.

I'm fine with this if others want it. It adds complexity to machine parsing and ease to human parsing. What do others think?

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium