[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: New content-language draft
having thought about your comments for a while while on travel,
I feel that:
1) The stuff about iana-art, iana-hum and iana-ukn, I don't like.
The reason is that iana-hum and iana-art look like prefixes, and you
want to tack stuff onto the end. iana-c and iana-simula are more likely
candidates. If you have something that you haven't registered with
IANA, use X-language (x-loglan).
I think I will add iana-c to the references!
iana-ukn MAY be a good idea, but I would prefer iana-unknown, or
state explicitly that the header should be missing or empty on this case.
2) The stuff about registering enough information is good. I will add
a registration form as an appendix, requesting the information you
Main tags can only be registered through ISO, so registration forms
for these should not be required here.
IANA registration form for subtags for language codes
1) Main tag it is to be registered with:
2) Subtag requested:
3) Original name of language, expressed in ASCII:
4) English name of language:
5) French name of language, expressed in ASCII:
6) Literature reference defining or descrbing the language:
7) Name and E-mail address of applicant:
Most of the editing stuff, I think I will insert without further comment.