Re: [Fwd: CAP-12 - interm version 'A']

> With the RECURRENCE-ID issue you and Robert have changed your mind
> several times, yet claim
> he is the one that is pig headed. Your so arrogant you will not even
> admit that

We did not change are minds.  The scope of the original discussion was changing an instance of a repeat set.
It was than asked is there ever a case where the recurrence-id's can be reset.
The response was, If the CHAIR sends out a REQUEST with no RECURRENCE-ID the REQUEST applies to the entire repeat set.

In that case the CHAIR is resetting the RULE/RDATE/EXRULE/EXDATE information for the set and thus resetting the RECURRENCE-ID's for the entire set.  The recipient of such a REQUEST must obsolete/delete or move the existing set and accept the new information from the CHAIR.  This procedure has been referred to as NUKING the recipients calendar store.

Mark Smith <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: owner-ietf-calendar@xxxxxxxxxxxx

09/06/2003 07:37 PM

ietf-calendar@xxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[Fwd: CAP-12 - interm version 'A']

Bruce_Kahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Doug seemed confused on 09/04/2003 09:59:42 PM:
> > >  > Go re-read Bruces email and tell me if he has posted even ONE
> post
> > >  > that backs up (some in recent posts);
> > >  >
> > >  > (a)   ...I certainly dont recall any WG discussion on some of
> the bigger
> > >  >       issues ...
> > >
> > > Please point to the WG thread(s) where we discussed and resolved
> the
> > > issue of scoping on SEARCH?
> >
> > Go re-read my post (a) was not about SEARCH. It was was in response
> > to the text you sent. Your mis quoting me again.
>
> Hello!  McFly!!  Your (a) was a citation from one of my emails and
> your charge was I didnt describe "bigger issues" I was referring to.
>  I did that.  I listed 3 even (of which you only how include 1)!

I have seen you LIE on this list many times. At what point will the
chair of this working group stop this trouble maker?

You ether do not have a clue what he sent or your just lying.

You seem to think that just because you post that means consensus and it
does not.

You got upset because his name is on the footer of the doc and make
that a BIG issue. Are you just jealous?

You clam that one space and not two is a BIG issue. Do you know how to
use a computer and read? Get a life!

With the RECURRENCE-ID issue you and Robert have changed your mind
several times, yet claim
he is the one that is pig headed. Your so arrogant you will not even
admit that
you changed your mind or opinion and you still slam him with lies and
insults.
You started the RECURRENCE-ID issue by declaring that it was fixed
forever.
Now you say it changes with the set, you changed your mind to be mostly
compatible with the non-fixed model, admit it and stop slamming him or
anyone simply because you changed your mind to agree with them.

Your said:

> Of course, you say there is an answer but you wont provide it.  Typical.  You did that for all discussion over the past 4
> months.  "I dont have to prove anything." (loosely paraphrased).  Well in the IETF if you cant back up your statements then
> but the other folks can then yours dont hold much water...

Not only was that on a non-CAP topic. IT HAD NOTHING WHAT SO EVER TO DO
WITH WHAT HE SENT OR CAP. Is your mail tool busted? Or are you?

I looked at your diff and never having seen CAP until -08, I figured
it out in a couple of minutes  - go hire someone competent if you can
figure it out.
This is a technical mailing list, not a list of people who subscribed
just to hear Bruce
demand other do his work.

> It was NOT resolved. Another issue you conveniently forgot for CAP-11 or to acknowledge lately.

Did you bother reading his post? He CAN NOT change such things until the
chair calls consensus. Because CAP IS going to ship soon (are you
now going to claim I made a last call?)

The chair chastised him for making changes, and you chastise him for not
making changes
some of which only you seem to want. How about thanking him for what
seems to be lots
of abuse from you and a couple of others that do not seem to know how to
act professionally.
Or at the very least post your item list (I do not think you have one).

Do you have an issue list? Or is there just one item on your issue list
that
is to slow down CAP until you can ship your product?

> I made a proposal and you did not disagree.  In fact noone did so I would say that we did reach concensus.
> Ill leave it to you to go get the final text from that discussion and include it in the next version of CAP-12.

You did not make a proposal at all. You declared you did not like
something. Have you read
the real proposals made by many that I read about on the list archive?

Yet you are the FIRST to scream when what you want is not in CAP.
Or when you want something removed from CAP.

There WAS NO CONSENSUS - who do you think you are to demand it change?
If you want to know the consensus - ask the chair and don't declare it
yourself.

I see you post nothing useful most of the time, you RARELY post
suggestions
or useful comments. Your only contribution to this list seems to be that
you have an opinion that you badly document.

You claimed that if you just had a diff then things would be wonderful.
Then after you had your own diff you scream because you have to
read it. Grow up.

> Of course not.  That would mean you'd have to acutally read the contents of posting of someone who wont back down
> from you on the list.  Given all those separate facts (that you didnt read) its not hard to see why your motives could be
> called into question.  You may not like it but thats just how I interpret the actions I see.

If I call you an idiot will you listen to me? If  I call you a moron
will you then help me?

If you are incapable of posting technical issues. Why do you bother
posting?

WILL THE CHAIR PLEASE STOP BRUCE FROM HIS ENDLESS CRYING, LYING, AND
ABUSE OF OTHERS!! It takes for ever to read the archives and I am
finding that a HUGE percentage of Bruce's posts are inflated self ego
with
no technical contribution, but its lots of text.

----- Message from Mark Smith <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on Sat, 06 Sep 2003 15:35:36 -0600 -----
> Doug seemed confused on 09/04/2003 09:59:42 PM:
> > >  > Go re-read Bruces email and tell me if he has posted even ONE
> post
> > >  > that backs up (some in recent posts);
> > >  >
> > >  > (a)   ...I certainly dont recall any WG discussion on some of
> the bigger
> > >  >       issues ...
> > >
> > > Please point to the WG thread(s) where we discussed and resolved
> the
> > > issue of scoping on SEARCH?
> >
> > Go re-read my post (a) was not about SEARCH. It was was in response
> > to the text you sent. Your mis quoting me again.
>
> Hello!  McFly!!  Your (a) was a citation from one of my emails and
> your charge was I didnt describe "bigger issues" I was referring to.
>  I did that.  I listed 3 even (of which you only how include 1)!

I have seen you LIE on this list many times. At what point will the
chair of this working group stop this trouble maker?

You ether do not have a clue what he sent or your just lying.

Are you getting paid to keep CAP from being published?
I mean you call everyone names that disagrees with you.

Your said:

> Of course, you say there is an answer but you wont provide it.  Typical.  You did that for all discussion over the past 4
> months.  "I dont have to prove anything." (loosely paraphrased).  Well in the IETF if you cant back up your statements then
> but the other folks can then yours dont hold much water...

Not only was that on a non-CAP topic - IT HAD NOTHING WHAT SO EVER TO DO
WITH WHAT HE SENT
IN THE REPLY YOU ARE POSTING TO OR CAP.

> It was NOT resolved. Another issue you conveniently forgot for CAP-11 or to acknowledge lately.

Did you bother reading his post? He CAN NOT change such things until the
chair
calls consensus. CAP IS going to ship soon.

> I made a proposal and you did not disagree.  In fact noone did so I would say that we did reach concensus.
> Ill leave it to you to go get the final text from that discussion and include it in the next version of CAP-12.

Yet you are the FIRST to scream when what you want is not in CAP.
Or when you want something removed from CAP.

There WAS NO CONSENSUS - who do you think you are?

I see you post nothing useful, you RARELY post suggestions or useful
comments.