Re: Any Comments on the Draft?

At 9:56 AM +0000 11/14/97, Dave Cridland wrote:

>There is a theoretical solution for (3), by using the DNS Dynamic Update
>protocol, combined with the dialup authentication layer. It's tricky, and I
>know of no provider offering such a service, but it is, in theory, possible.

It is possible, but as you say, is not yet available, and is unproven.
There may turn out to be timing holes and scaling issues with it.

I think the solution proposed in the draft is easier to implement and
is safer.  I'm happy to change my mind if other solutions, such as
dynamic DNS etc. become deployed.  But I think we need something now
that works.

--
Randall Gellens       ||    Opinions are personal; facts are suspect;
randy@xxxxxxxxxxxx    ||    I speak for myself alone

You will be a winner today.  Pick a fight with a four-year-old.