RFC 2645: ODMR

Folks,

Is this list still alive? Can you point me at the archives (if there are any)? As it goes with many things on the 'net, I just found out about this RFC, and I'm wondering what discussion has already taken place with regards to the handling of multiple mail servers for which mail may be queued for a particular customer.

Life would be very simple if we only ever had one mail server that acted as a backup MX or the only visible MX for our customers, but the real world just isn't quite that clean. Of course, customers don't want to know how many mail servers we may have, and in fact we may not want them to know how many mail servers we have. This makes implementing ODMR rather more difficult, since you've now got to add a layer of indirection, or some other method to handle the same problem.

Thanks!

Brad Knowles, <blk@xxxxxxxxx>                || Belgacom Skynet SA/NV
Systems Architect, Mail/News/FTP/Proxy Admin || Rue Colonel Bourg, 124
Phone/Fax: +32-2-706.13.11/12.49             || B-1140 Brussels
http://www.skynet.be                         || Belgium