[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
From: Dick Brooks [mailto:dick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 1999 6:47 PM
Cc: dale_moberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx; dick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi Rik/Dale, I've reviewed AS2. Here are my comments:
- this draft looks really good, there are only a couple of issues that we
need to discuss
1. We need to consider opening up the payload to non-EDI objects, e.g
XML. In other words let's not restrict ourselves to RFC1767 payloads, but
rather MIME payloads, which includes the RFC1767 content types.
2. We need a PGP example example for appendix A; I volunteer to
provide this in the next couple of weeks.
3. I think we should add optional support for "opaque" signatures. The GISB
folks are using opaque signatures and it looks like the XFDL folks are
looking to support them as well.
4. More specification of error messages that can be returned (e.g. bad
signature verification, etc.) . I can provide what
has been specified in GISB as a strawman for this.
5. Need an example of the GISB acknowledgement as an example of a
receipt type in section 2.5.2. I volunteer to supply this.