[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
FYI: BOF on Internationalized Email Addresses (IEA)
- To: ietf-imaa@xxxxxxx, idn@xxxxxxxxxxxx, ietf-822@xxxxxxx, ietf@xxxxxxxx, ietf-pop3ext@xxxxxxx, lemonade@xxxxxxxx, discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ietf-imapext@xxxxxxx, ietf-smtp@xxxxxxx
- Subject: FYI: BOF on Internationalized Email Addresses (IEA)
- From: Patrik Fältström <paf@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 20:55:08 +0100
- Cc: Pete Resnick <presnick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ted Hardie <hardie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ned Freed <ned.freed@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- List-archive: <http://www.imc.org/ietf-imaa/mail-archive/>
- List-id: <ietf-imaa.imc.org>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?body=unsubscribe>
- Sender: owner-ietf-imaa@xxxxxxxxxxxx
At the IETF in Minneapolis, there will be a BOF on Internationalized
Email Addresses (IEA).
It is *preliminary* on the agenda on Monday, November 10, 2003 at
Chairs: Pete Resnick, Patrik Fältström
Mailing list:imaa@xxxxxxx (other salient lists include uri@xxxxxx)
Agenda Bashing (Chairs) 5 min.
Topic Introduction (Chairs) 10 min.
IDNA-Based (Paul Hoffman) 15 min.
Infrastructure-Based (John Klensin) 15 min.
IRI-Based (Michel Suignard) 15 min.
Discussion 60 min.
Topics for discussion:
Are there other solutions which have been specified?
The solutions present the problem at different scopes;
Where should the IETF tackle it?
Are some short-term, and other long-term?
Can the solutions be staged or co-exist?
If staged, how to migrate from one to another?
What are the next steps for the IETF?
NB: This BoF is exploratory in nature, and it is not intended that the
IETF will finalize a decision in this venue. It was proposed to foster
a community discussion, not charter a working group or pick a winner.
If further work is required, step one would be identifying individuals
willing to carry that work forward.
Pete and myself hope people will come with a lot of constructive
comments and ideas.
Patrik, co-chair of the bof