Re: **1 WEEK** WGLC on draft-ietf-imapext-i18n-12.txt

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
   This allows i;unicode-casemap to be used for collation
   in IMAP servers that do not implement IMAP-I18N.
I am not sure I understand why you are trying to say here. By IMAP-I18N I assume you've meant the COMPARATOR extension?
No, I mean the entire IMAP-I18N document.
IMAP-I18N effectively consist of 2 parts: the COMPARATOR extension and the LANGUAGE extension. The LANGUAGE extension has nothing to do with searching.

Right, and what I am saying is that all IMAP servers should use (or be upgraded to use) i;unicode-casemap today, even if they do not implement COMPARATOR and/or LANGUAGE.

I consider both COMPARATOR and LANGUAGE to be frills, but upgrading searching to use i;unicode-casemap to be essential.

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc