Re: Extended RETR - version 2

Re: Extended RETR - version 2>> Not necessarily.  I think a strong case can
be made that while the volume
>> may increase, the quality is also increasing as well.  As I mentioned
>> earlier, I have no objections to this extension from a technical point of
>> view, just pointing out that before we extend POP, lets make sure that we
>> are solving a real problem.  A large part of POP's success is due to its
> >simplicity.
>Exactly what are you referring to by "quality", please specify.
>// Anders
*** Sorry for the delay in responding. I did not have email access last
week...
This comment was in regards to a previous statement that the number of line
errors that occur and cause a message to be RETR'd again will only increase,
as the use of the internet continues to grow beyond everybody's
expectations.   The point I was trying to make was that although volume will
no doubt increase, the quality of the lines/connections is also increasing.
I would bet that in most of the world today, the quality of the connection
is at a point where line quality is a non-issue, and for those parts of the
world where line quality is still an issue, I would suspect that quality
will rapidly improve.