Re: Plan for moving forward

Another thing to consider is that rtpsec is only one model of how the
technology we're developing can be used today.  In the future, if
there is interest, we may specify how you can interoperably use certs
in a PKI to get authentication of the media even if you don't have
authentication of the signaling path.

Yes, that looks easy.  However it's more complicated than it first
appears.  My preference is that we develop one mandatory to implement
architecture for the use case we've been discussing today.  We do
future work in the future.

If you want to build a future where you can use something other than
certs in TLS for one of the authentication directions then work with
the TLS community to build that support into TLS.