Re: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-sasl-scram-02

Simon Josefsson wrote:

Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melnikov@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
Simon Josefsson wrote:
Regarding

 [tls-unique]
            Zhu, L., "Registration of TLS unique channel binding
            (generic)", IANA http://www.iana.org/assignments/
            channel-binding-types/tls-unique, July 2008.

I think we should replace that with a reference to

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-altman-tls-channel-bindings-05
This would mean a new normative reference and would delay publication
of both documents.
While I think it would be nice to use this reference, I am against
blocking SCRAM and GS2 on this.
OK, I'm fine with that -- it will mean a downref (right?), and I assumed
those causes other sorts of problems that could be avoided.
I am not entirely sure if it is. But I don't think it will be problematic with IESG, even if it.