Re: productivity? (was: Re: Mail Data termination)

--On Monday, August 22, 2011 07:04 -0700 Dave CROCKER
<dhc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I see a couple of folk suggesting that this thread has run its
> course.  I've been wondering about that.
>
> Given how long the thread has been and how much senior email
> talent has contributed to it, I'm entirely unclear what it has
> accomplished or where it can or should go.
>
> So I thought I'd ask.
>
> Perhaps this has merely been an extended consulting session to
> help a few folk?
>
> Given the amount of sage commentary has been posted, is there
> a document that should be produced?

I think that is exactly what Paul Smith and I were discussing in
our most recent few exchanges.

FWIW, I do believe that at least a subset of the discussions are
substantive and of broad applicability --at least to the
advantages of getting the analysis out there-- and not just
"extended consulting".  Other bits may be fairly close to the
latter, but probably the best way to sort the categories out
would be to start constructing a document.

best,
   john

    john