RE: The anti-abuse rDNS check that FTP gave up

I generally agree, but implementing it on my small site with only a handful of users did lead to a number of false positive complaints that then needed to be handled.

It's probably not a good idea to standardize such a practice (yet?), but it does seem like a useful tool to have around.