Re: We need an IETF BCP for GREY LISTING

> Keith Moore wrote:
>> On Oct 17, 2011, at 12:25 PM, Hector wrote:
>>> It seems there is a majority consensus that a IETF document for Greylisting would be a worthy effort.
>> I'm still unconvinced.  I haven't seen any evidence to support this at all.
>
> hmmm,  unless I mis-read people's input, many people contributing to the thread recognized there are issues and most have indicated a note that a IETF document for greylisting would be a good thing.
>
> I believe you cited an interest in an SMTP extension for a retry hint.

I mentioned how it could be done, but also expressed concern that it might not be worth the trouble... also I said that greylisting wasn't the reason for such an extension.

Personally I think writing up an RFC on greylisting will only dilute its effectiveness as a spam countermeasure.

Keith