[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
The mythical beast: Link broken by EHLO
- To: ietf-smtp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: The mythical beast: Link broken by EHLO
- From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald.t.alvestrand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1992 05:59:54 +0000
- X400-content-type: P2-1984 (2)
- X400-mts-identifier: [/PRMD=uninett/ADMD= /C=no/;921130125954]
- X400-originator: email@example.com
- X400-received: by mta mhs-relay.cs.wisc.edu in /PRMD=XNREN/ADMD= /C=US/; Relayed; Mon, 30 Nov 1992 06:00:07 +0000
- X400-received: by /PRMD=uninett/ADMD= /C=no/; Relayed; Mon, 30 Nov 1992 05:59:57 +0000
- X400-received: by /PRMD=uninett/ADMD= /C=no/; Relayed; Mon, 30 Nov 1992 05:59:54 +0000
- X400-recipients: firstname.lastname@example.org
It didn't take long to flush this one out of hiding after people
started to implement EHLO......
swan:~: telnet Relay.Prime.COM. smtp
Trying 126.96.36.199 ...
Connected to Relay.Prime.COM.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 Relay.Prime.COM PDNmail 2.4.x37 SMTP ready at 28 Nov 92 01:43:47 EST
Connection closed by foreign host.
FYI. Discovered by Piete Brooks at Cambridge; I verified it.