msg-id

Hi, just seen in the new draft-ietf-usefor-02.txt :

| message-id      =  "Message-ID:" SP msg-id CRLF
| msg-id          =  [FWS] msg-id-core [FWS]
| msg-id-core     =  "<" id-left "@" id-right ">"

What's the idea here ?  The left [FWS] should be [*WSP], we
don't want a CRLF at this place.  For lists of msg-ids (as in
"References:") the right FWS allows to fold between msg-ids.

| no-fold-quote   =  DQUOTE
|                        *( mqtext / "\\" / "\" DQUOTE )
|                        mqspecial
|                        *( mqtext / "\\" / "\" DQUOTE )
|                        DQUOTE

Why is this so different from RfC 2822 ?  Apparently you want
at least one "mqspecial" here:
\" ( ) , . : ; < @ [ \\ ] i.e. 34 40 41 44 46 58..60 64 91..93

And you allow only two quoted-pairs \\ and \".  That's related
to the discussion about a news URL, isn't it ?

You allow NO-WS-CTL, but not with a backslash.  And you don't
allow >, not even \>.  That's very confusing.  I've a vague
idea what you want, some kind of "normalized msg-id", that's
good, but I'm not yet convinced that the result is ok.

Why not simply copy address-literal from 2821 for id-right ?
All these weird cases like \[ \] etc. are then illegal.  We
probably also find something better for id-left.  Bye, Frank