RE: Scheduling for London

ahhh. yes. Thanks, Scott.

NOW I remember why things got bogged down:

The problem is with needing to distinguish mechanism from policy.

The constrained IETF efforts needs to specify mechanism only. If possible, it should "require" no specific data in a response. Any that it DOES require should be very minimal and utterly essential to operational requirements.

The real policy work, for deciding what to put in a response, can be debated elsewhere.

d/

At 01:58 PM 6/20/2001, Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:
> [...]

How relevant do folks see the work previously agreed to within ICANN circles
to prescribe the info that must be returned in response to a domain name
query?  Good building block, or still too muddled to form the basis of
something to work from?

<Scott/>

---------- Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Brandenburg InternetWorking <http://www.brandenburg.com> tel: +1.408.246.8253; fax: +1.408.273.6464