Re: IETF-51 WhoisFix BoF Announcement

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 01:31:03PM -0400, Ross Wm. Rader wrote:
> Precisely - your translation is appreciated ;) Lack of awareness around
> these issues seemed to completely distract the BoF last time around.
> "WhoisNext" is of tremendous value to an incredibly large number of entities
> and I really want to see this effort move forward.

I'm gonna consider myself a member of the non-enlightened camp with respect
to uses of whois outside of domain registries/registrars and IP and routing
registries.  If it isn't too much trouble, can you list a few of the
applications or application types outside of these areas and the possible
improvements of to whois which would help them?

-andy

--
Andrew Newton
VeriSign Applied Research