Re: Media typs and XPointer, XLink, XPath, and XSLT

At 12:45 1999 07 13 -0400, John Cowan wrote:
>Tim Bray wrote:

>> >Yes, but what does it mean to "be XML"?  Does that simply mean
>> >"be a well-formed XML document", or is it also required that
>> >the media-type be "application/xml" or "text/xml"?  If the
>> >media-type is "application/vnd.foo-systems.bar", but the format
>> >happens to be well-formed XML, is the fragment ID necessarily
>> >to be interpreted as an XPointer?
>>
>> How can you possibly know, in this case, whether the resource is WF
>> XML?  The situation seems clear to me:  [prince-of-clarity snipped]
>
>Me too, me too.  But that's not what Paul said.

In the one line you quoted, I was speaking imprecisely.  I think
I stated it clearly several other places several other times
previously, and I just posted another message (that agrees with
you and Tim) that I hopes makes it crystal clear yet once again.