RE: Introduction of media types for XML DTDs

At 08:25 AM 7/17/99 PDT, Larry Masinter wrote:
>I think there is no justification for "text/xml-dtd" in addition
>to "application/xml-dtd", because there is no utility at all
>for an unaware recipient to attempt to display a dtd to a
>user as if it were text

Sounds plausible, but empirical evidence is against this position.
Lots of people read DTDs all the time, and in fact since they are
usually composed in monotype with all sorts of indentation and
other pretty-printing apparatus, there is clearly an expectation
that they be displayed. -Tim