RE: Introduction of media types for XML DTDs

> I think there is no justification for "text/xml-dtd" in addition
> to "application/xml-dtd", because there is no utility at all
> for an unaware recipient to attempt to display a dtd to a
> user as if it were text, which is the reason for having a
> "text/" top level type in addition to "application/".

I agree. And I'm sorry, but the argument that "people expect DTDs to be
displayed as text" just doesn't wash -- technical experts (who are capable
of configuring their agents to do anything they want) may expect this, but
the average user doesn't know diddly about XML or DTD and doesn't want a
bunch of incomprehensible stuff displayed on his or her screen.

				Ned